Thursday, November 13, 2014

November 10, 2014

We had a great week filled with finding new investigators.  Sister Francis and I had a goal to find 30 new investigators and in the end we found 38!  Just talk with everyone!  We didn't have any baptisms this week, but we are preparing two of our investigators, E. and L., to be baptized this Sunday.

E. is a really funny man.  When I first met him and spoke with him, I immediately thought of the three stooges for some reason.  He has a really funny voice and appearance, but I soon learned that he is actually really intelligent.  E. is a very humble man.  He has epilepsy and has been struggling to accept why God has let him suffer with this medical condition (well, that is right down my alley).  This week, I shared with him my own story and showed him how my medical conditions helped me become closer to my Heavenly Father and learn valuable lessons. 

E. came to church yesterday.  He lives in a villa where we are teaching a bunch of people who also promised that they would come to church.  Sunday morning he told our ward mission leader that he went to everyone's houses reminding them that church started at 9 a.m., but no one wanted to go.  He told our mission leader that he had promised us he would come and he was a man of his word and so he rode his bicycle all the way to church (it is quite a long walk/bicycle ride - 30-40 minutes walking). 

After church we went over to his house.  He told us that after going to church, he felt like our church was the same as any other church because we preached the word of God. Sister Francis and I then explained to him that our church was different.  We taught him about the Priesthood, prophets, apostles and the restoration of the gospel through the prophet Joseph Smith.  He just soaked it in. 

He told us that he knew there was only one God, which obviously meant that there was only one true church of God.  After we taught him, he told us that he was almost certain that our church was the true church of God here on the earth.  He promised to read The Book of Mormon and pray and will be baptized on Sunday. :)


P.S.  I am going to Natal with Sister Francis and the zone leaders today.  It will be my first time back in Natal since I arrived here. I'm excited for the opportunity I have to go to the mission leadership counsel. 

Sister Dyer and Sister Francis

My planejamento - try to figure out which 2 general conference talks each side is referring to


No comments:

Post a Comment