Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 17, 2014

Things I've learned this week:

1. Police give spankings here.
2. You can't slam (close hard) car doors here.  People will freak out.
3. You have to use your knife when eating (fork in one hand, knife in the other)

Questions from my family and my answers:

Q: Are you getting “traction” with understanding and speaking Portuguese?
A: yes.  Whenever I try to think or speak Chinese I end up thinking or speaking Portuguese, so I'm not sure how well I'll do when I get back from my mission in terms of Chinese

Q: Are your spirits positive?
A: I'm trying to stay positive every day

Q: Are you happy?
A: Yes (still miss TN though.  I write emails and cards to my friends there)

Q; Are you teaching any lessons? 
A: a whole bunch more than in TN.  We had 23 member presents and 16 other lessons last week.

Q: Do you have any investigators that are progressing in making commitments in the gospel?
A: We had a baptism our second week and have four progressing investigators this week and a lot lot more others.  The only problem is they each have problems stopping them from being baptized

Q: What kind of food do you eat? 
A: rice and beans and pasta



Q: Did you teach English class? 
A: yes

I'm doing great.  The reason my emails are so short is because I'm on a timed computer that cuts off after 1 hour and the keyboards here are really bad.


Guava time

Title of Liberty

Sister Acosta Juliene e Eu

Sousa


No comments:

Post a Comment