Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014

For the first time on my mission I have been really struggling with homesickness (and it's not for you Mom and Dad). Since I arrived in Brazil, I have been really homesick for my mission in the TNM (Tennessee Nashville Mission).  I have been missing my wonderful companions and fellow missionaries in TN, my mission president and his wife (President and Sister Andersen), the amazing members of my ward back in TN, and the investigators I taught and grew to love there.

During Sacrament Meeting the other day, I was sitting there quietly trying to find some form of peace to hold onto as I struggled to find a reason why I was here in Brazil right now.  I finally decided to open my Livro De Mormon [Book of Mormon].  I read some but finally closed it and then flipped randomly to a page.  The page I flipped to was surprisingly in the index and the first word I saw was the word 'Pedir' (ask). This short and simple word brought me so much peace and comfort as I realized that Heavenly Father has sent me here for a reason and all I had to do was ask Him what it was. 

I was reading in the Bible Dictionary this morning under 'Prayer' and read, 'Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other. The object of prayer is not to change the will of God but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant but that are made conditional on our asking for them.

Blessings require some work or effort on our part before we can obtain them. Prayer is a form of work and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings.'  I know it is God's will that I am here right now serving in the Brazil Natal Mission and I know that it was His will as well that I served for three months in the TNM.  Although it may be hard for me to accept His will at all times, in order to feel peace, I only need to pray and align my will with His own to show Him that I am ready and willing to obtain the blessings He has in store for me here. 

I love y’all

Sister Dyer


No comments:

Post a Comment