Monday, September 30, 2013

Week 1 (9/14/2013)

[Ashley's Aunt Annette Dyer-Cooper says: I just got home from work and found a little note in the mail from Ashley.  She has asked that I let you know about her so you won't worry.  I think she hasn't been able to get to email yet as her first P-day is Friday (today).  For some reason it looks like the postmark on the note is 19 September (yesterday) -- so I don't know where this note has been in the meantime.]

9/14/2013
Today is my fourth day at the Missionary Training Center (MTC, in Provo, Utah).  However, it feels like I have been here for four weeks.  The days are so long.  However, they also seem to pass by so quickly.  My companion's name is Sister Young.  She is from New Hampshire and has been at BYU for one year studying Spanish.  She loves playing the piano and I think we're going to get along very well.

We have been teaching our Brazilian investigator Geofferson for the last two days in Portuguese.  The Gift of Tongues is amazing!  Sister Young and I have been communicating with Geofferson fairly well and have been helping the Elders in our district when they have questions or need to practice with us.  Our district has two sister companionships and four Elder companionships.  I love the Elders and Sisters in our district so much.  We have quickly bonded and love each other like family.

No comments:

Post a Comment