Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 13, 2014

Oi Pai,

I'm leaving for Nashville in less than an hour.  I'm a bit nervous, but excited at the same time.  My goal is to get at least two lessons at the airport and one on the plane [on the way to Brazil].

I gave a talk yesterday at church – inspired calling. Everyone was crying!  They are really sad that I'm leaving.  I was kind of shocked.  I've only been here for 4 weeks.  Our investigator and friend James [name changed] came to church with us.  He said he almost started crying when I gave my talk.  He's still undecided about the Book of Mormon but has committed to reading it from the beginning.  I told him that since Jesus was baptized in the River Jordan, he needs to be baptized in the River Jesus.  He wants to be baptized in a river so bad.  It's kind of cold out right now though and he still hasn't committed to baptism.  I'm going to miss teaching him a lot, but Sister Leavens and Sister Jones are going to do an awesome job.

Love y’all!

Sister Dyer


No comments:

Post a Comment